*Earlybird pricing is available at prices as low as $595! See pricing page for details.*
For decades, medical staff leaders have cried out for better training to help them fulfill their roles and responsibilities. IMQ and PACE, with strong support and encouragement from The Physicians Foundation, created this course to fill this need. Previously offered in 2011, 2012, 2014, and 2016 in San Diego, CA, the Stepping Up to Leadership program uses small-group interactive teaching modalities to engage attendees.
The partnership between IMQ and PACE combines IMQ’s expertise in medical staff matters with PACE’s expertise in communication and assessment to create unique hands-on learning exercises. Medical staffs are encouraged to bring their entire leadership teams to this program.
The program offers physicians, new or experienced in medical staff responsibilities, an opportunity to learn:
• Proven ways to manage physicians with declining skills due to aging, medical conditions, impairment or disruptive behavior;
• How to identify and engage the best people to move into medical staff or organizational leadership positions and develop the skills needed to succeed in these positions.
• Identify the changes in health care policies and how they will impact physicians;
• Legal considerations;
• How to minimize stress and avoid burnout in medical staff leaders;
• Communicating effectively, especially with difficult conversations;
•Formulate and assess a plan that defines the medical staff's role and complies with the new CAL OSHA regulations in the event of an active shooter or other workplace violence/catastrophic event.